Business Tenant Recycling
All nonresidential buildings (businesses, schools, hospitals, etc.) in Fairfax County are required to recycle mixed paper and cardboard.
The tenant is responsible for:
- reviewing the educational materials, provided by the property owner or manager, that explain the recycling system.
- participating in the recycling system provided by the property owner or managing agent. At a minimum, this will consist of recycling cardboard and mixed paper.
- If the tenant provides their own trash service – such as sole tenants or some shopping centers – then they are responsible for establishing their own recycling system.
- Property Owner or Manager Responsibilities
- Recycling System Requirements
- Nonresidential Recycling
- Nonresidential Recycling Publications
- Business Recycling FAQs