Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator Price List
See the main Business Hazardous Waste page for a description of the Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator Program. Materials are ONLY accepted on official CESQG Clean-Up Days. We are not able to accept hazardous wastes from businesses on other days.
Fees are based on the amount of material to be disposed of and include all consolidating, packaging, manifest paperwork, and shipping preparations. Payment is due upon arrival. Visa, MasterCard, checks or cash are accepted. Make checks payable to "Director of Finance, Fairfax County."
Prices will be rounded off to the nearest unit. For example, a 1/2 gallon of material will be charged as if it were one gallon of material. A 3/4 lb. container of material will be charged as if it were 1 lb. of material.
Material List with Associated Fee(s):
- Absorbent Material with Oil - $8.00/gallon
- Absorbent Material with Solvent - $3.00/gallon
- Aerosols (pesticides, cleaners, paint) - $2.50/can
- Asbestos Solids - $7.00/gallon
- Asbestos Liquids - See Oil Paint
- Pesticides (liquid or solid), $10.00/gallon
- Oxidizers (liquid or solid), $10.00/gallon
- Acids (bulk), $7.00/gallon, $7.00/gallon
- Bases, sodium metasilicates - $7.00/gallon
- Ammoniums (bulk) - $15.00/gallon
- Chemicals (special routing) - case-by-case
- Coal Tar (quart or more) - $1.00/gallon
- Dioxin Material - $15/gallon
- Fluorescent Tubes and Light Bulbs - $1.00/light
- Latex Paint - $1.00/gallon
- Lithium Batteries - $5.00/gallon
- Mercury/Mercury Debris, including mercury and/or zinc air batteries - $50/gallon
- Nickel Cadmium Batteries - $5.00/gallon
- Oil and Antifreeze - free disposal for reasonable amounts
- Oil Paint (quart or more) - $4.00/gallon
- Oil Paint - small cans (Less than a quart. Also including glues, auto body filler, wood filler, epoxy, appliance and car touch-up paint, construction adhesives, tire black, PVC and flammable cements, putty or caulk, tree pruning seal, asbestos liquid, etc.) - $6.00/gallon
- PCB Ballasts - $3.00/lb.
- PCB Capacitors - $3.00/lb.
- Solvents - $3.00/gallon