Residential Materials: T - Z
This page contains items for recycling or disposal that start with the letters "T - Z". For a full listing, see the Index of Residential Materials.
- Televisions, recycle it at one of our Electric Sunday Events or else donate it for reuse. If disposing of a television, you may set it out with regular trash as long as it weighs 50 lbs or less. Larger, heavier televisions may require a special collection. Contact your private hauler for instructions. If you have county collection service and your television weighs more than 50 lbs, you must schedule a bulk special collection. Televisions are also accepted for disposal at the I-66 Transfer Station and I-95 Landfill Complex.
- Thermometers/Thermostats containing mercury (See Mercury Containing Products.)
- Toilets (See Bathtubs/Toilets/Sinks.)
- Toner Cartridges (See Printer Cartridges.)
- Trash - bagged trash can be taken to the I-66 Transfer Station or I-95 Landfill Complex for disposal.
- Tree Stumps - Must be free of most dirt. Stumps can be taken to the I-66 Transfer Station or I-95 Landfill Complex.
- Turpentine (See Chemicals, Solvents.)
- Water Heater (See Appliances.)
- Windows (See Doors/Windows.)
- Wire Fences (See Scrap Metal.)
- Wood & Lumber (See Pallets, See Railroad Ties) - Paneling, pressure-treated or nonpressure treated wood can be taken to the I-66 Transfer Station or I-95 Landfill Complex for disposal. Must not exceed eight feet in length.
- Yard Waste
Materials for Recycling or Disposal