Quality Customer Service Program
The Quality Customer Service Standards were developed by a Board-appointed Solid Waste Task Force. The standards list the commitments you might expect from a service-oriented solid waste collection firm. Although some of the items covered by these standards (i.e., Item Nos. 6, 7, 9 and 10) are required by law under Chapter 109.1 of the Code of the County of Fairfax, VA, it is VERY IMPORTANT for potential customers to understand that, by recommendation of the Task Force (and accepted by the Board of Supervisors), the Quality Customer Service Standards are strictly voluntary and are not enforced by the county.
Any collector, regardless of its actual customer service record, can claim to subscribe to the standards. Being listed on this website must not be construed as an endorsement or assurance from the county as to the quality of service customers will actually receive. Complaints related to meeting the Quality Customer Service Standards should be directed to the waste collector involved.
The following is the charter of customer service values which subscribers claim to uphold – individuals choose their waste collector entirely at their own risk. Items listed in bold are, however, potentially subject to County Code requirements.
QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE STANDARDS
A COMMITMENT TO RESIDENTIAL SOLID WASTE & RECYCLING CUSTOMERS
YOU are important to us as a customer. We understand that reliable service is as important as the price you pay for that service. We want your experience with our company to be positive. We want you to know what services you can expect for the price you are paying, and we want you to be satisfied with the services you are receiving. Therefore, we commit to the following basic principles:
- We will provide separate collection for trash and recycling as agreed.
- We welcome your feedback about our services and will maintain a customer service telephone line (and website) to receive your comments, answer your questions and address your concerns.
- We will diligently address your customer service inquiry within one business day of being notified.
- We will operate safely in your neighborhood and use employees trained for the job.
- We will use environmentally friendly products when we can.
- We will not collect in your neighborhood before 6:00 a.m.
- When it is necessary to increase your base rate, we will notify you of the amount of the increase at least 30 days before it takes effect.
- If you require services in addition to those covered by your base rate, we will either provide those services for an additional charge or let you know where you might obtain such services if we are unable to provide them.
- We will distribute information to every new customer regarding our policies and procedures, including acceptable materials for curbside recycling and collection, and will update that information as changes occur.
- We will provide refunds to customers who cancel service in accordance with our policies.