I-66 Transfer Station Complex
4618 West Ox Road
Facts about the Complex
- The I-66 Transfer Station Complex was built at the site of the closed I-66 Landfill. It operates with a permit issued by the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality-#387.
- The complex began operation in 1982. Commercial Waste is accepted Monday-Saturday. The facility accepts solid waste and yard waste for transfer and/or processing.
- An eleven-bay expansion project was completed in March 1997. This brings the total available bays to 21, with 6 waste disposal chutes for loading 18-wheel tractor trailers.
- During the fiscal year 2008, Daily Trash Tonnage Received was approximately 2,200 tons (6 days average.)
- The facility operates with 52 transfer vehicles, 74 drivers, and other operations staff. Drivers typically work 10 hours a day, 4 days a week, and are on rotating shifts.
- I-66 Transfer Station Complex trucks log over 2 million miles each year, hauling approximately 40,000 loads annually.