Facilities Exempt from 2232 Review Process
Generally, the following facilities are not reviewed under the 2232 Review process:
- Facilities owned, operated and used for the sole benefit of the State or Federal government.
- Railroad facilities.
- Water main extensions which are 24 inches or less in diameter, as specified by the "Water Facilities Planning Agreement" between the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors and the Fairfax County Water Authority dated March 9, 2011.
- Electrical transmission lines which are reviewed by the State Corporation Commission pursuant to Va. Code Section 56-46.1.
- Normal service extensions of public utilities and public service corporations.
- Public areas, facilities or uses which are identified within, but not the entire subject of, a submission under Va. Code Section 15.2-2258 for subdivision or Section 15.2-2286 for development or both; provided that the Board has by ordinance or resolution defined standards governing the construction, establishment or authorization of such public area, facility or use or has approved it through the acceptance of a proffer pursuant to Section 15.2-2303.
- Paving, repair, reconstruction, improvement, drainage or similar work.