The Comprehensive Plan
Fairfax County Comprehensive Plan 2011 Edition
The Comprehensive Plan is required by state law to be used as a guide in decision-making about the built and natural environment by the county's Board of Supervisors and other agencies, such as the Planning Commission and the Board of Zoning Appeals. It is also a guide for County staff and the public to use in the planning process.
* The "Amended Through [date]" in each section header of The Plan, identifies when that section was last updated. Sections of the Comprehensive Plan are updated periodically to incorporate Plan amendments adopted by the Board of Supervisors. The Web edition of the Comprehensive Plan is the most up-to-date. Please contact the Planning Division of the Deparment of Planning and Zoning at (703) 324-1380 for information concerning previous editions of the Comprehensive Plan and previously adopted Plan amendments.
Fairfax County Comprehensive Land Use Plan Map
- Historic Comprehensive Plan Documents
- Proposed Plan Amendments
- Recently Adopted Plan Amendments
- E-mail Subscription for Comprehensive Plan Announcements
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Comprehensive Plan
- 2232 Review Process