Fairfax County Exceptional Design Awards
- The nomination period for 2017 is now closed.
- Winners announced on Wednesday, August 16, 2017.
Any project completed in Fairfax County in the past five years is eligible for nomination by anyone. Projects previously honored with an award in this program are not eligible for entry. View detailed submission requirements
Selection Process and Criteria
The awards, judged by a jury, include honor awards, merit awards and honorable mentions. All entries should meet some or all of the following criteria:
- Exemplifies a superior work of architecture.
- Incorporates outstanding site design and landscaping.
- Takes into account the context of the project design in relationship to its surroundings.
Applies energy and water conservation, and other green building
Submit your project according to the submission requirements. If you require assistance with your submission, please contact staff at 703-324-1380. Submissions will be accepted during the nomination period as noted above.
Fairfax County Department of Planning and Zoning
12055 Government Center Parkway
Fairfax, VA 22035
703-324-1380, TTY 711