Find out about different types of noise and who to contact to make a
complaint about airport-related noise,
possible violations of the county's Noise Ordinance, or noise from barking dogs, loud music, loud parties
or trash trucks.
Who to Contact
For questions, concerns or complaints about noise:
For complaints about barking dogs, loud music or loud parties, call the
at 703 691-2131, TTY 711
For complaints about noise from trash trucks, call the Department of
Public Works and
Environmental Services (DPWES) at 703 324-5230, TTY 711.
- For complaints about noise from TVs, radios, cars, trucks, lawn mowers, leaf blowers, or construction equipment, visit the Department of Code Compliance to make a complaint online or call 703-324-1300, TTY 711.".
Washington Airports Authority operates 24-hour noise complaint
telephone centers for both
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport. In addition, complaints may be registered on-line through the Airport Authority's Airscene system:
- Washington Dulles International Airport complaints: 703-572-8215 or MWAA's Airscene system for Dulles Airport (access from Dulles Airport's Aircraft Noise page)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport complaints: 703-417-8020 or MWAA's Airscene system for Reagan National Airport (access from Reagan National Airport's Aircraft Noise page)
If you are unsure of the source of the noise, call either of the above numbers.
Fairfax County Airport Noise Impact Overlay District (PDF - page 24)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport--Aircraft Noise Procedures and Guidelines
- Ronald Reagan Washington National--Aircraft Noise
- Washington Dulles International Airport—Environmental Studies
- Washington Dulles International Airport--Aircraft Noise