2016 Environmental Excellence Award Nominations
Each year, the Fairfax County Environmental Excellence Awards recognize county individuals and groups that dedicate time and energy to benefit the environment and support county environmental goals and initiatives. Award recipients are selected by the Environmental Quality Advisory Council.
For questions or more information, email or call 703-324-1788,TTY 711.
The deadline for submission of nominations for the 2016 awards has passed. Recipients of this year's awards will be announced in October, 2016. It is anticipated that the nomination period for the 2017 awards will begin in March 2017.
- An Individual
- County Employee
Nominees must have:
- Clearly contributed to the advancement and support of the county’s environmental goals by devoting time, effort, or expertise beyond normal work / civic responsibilities and expectations. This may be a specific service, accomplishment or accumulation of accomplishments.
- Served as a model for individuals and communities to follow.
- Made their achievement during the year prior to the submission deadline or over a period of years that’s includes a portion of this timeframe.
- Nominator must notify the nominee(s) of their nomination.
- Separate forms must be submitted for each nomination. Forms may be copied.
- Multiple nominations are allowed, including in multiple categories.
- Include a statement of up to two pages in length describing the contribution, with details of the nominee’s role and the extent to which the contribution has benefited Fairfax County.
- Include supporting evidence that shows the worth of the contribution in terms of results achieved or the potential for future results and how the contribution was extraordinary or unusual. This evidence need not be extensive or complicated—a simple discussion would suffice.
- Optional: Include up to three supportive exhibits, such as testimonials, news articles, photographs, resumes and biographical documents. The exhibits must be reproducible.
For examples of eligible projects and award-winning nominations, look at the list of past award recipients and these nomination forms: