Fairfax Forward - Work Program Review (Part II of the Evaluation)
The evaluation of the work program, which will begin following the process evaluation, will assess whether new studies should be added to the work program.
Public participation is essential to understanding community priorities and whether new studies should be scheduled. Anyone can submit a proposal to change the order of the studies on the work program, add a study to the work program, or amend a specific Comprehensive Plan recommendation. Prior to submitting a proposal, you are encouraged to contact the District Supervisor as well as Planning Division staff by calling 703-324-1380 or emailing DPZFairfaxForward@fairfaxcounty.gov . Proposals can be submitted March 31, 2014 through January 29, 2016.Submissions received after February 1, 2016 will be saved for consideration on future work programs. .
Submit a Proposal to Amend the Plan or the Work Program
The paper form can be downloaded
and submitted to:
Fairfax County Department of Planning and Zoning, Planning Division
Attn: Fairfax Forward
12055 Government Center Parkway
Fairfax. Virginia 22035-5500
Attn: Fairfax Forward
The formal review of all submissions is anticipated to begin in February 2016.
When a submission is received, it will be numbered, published on the Department of Planning and Zoning website , and available for public review at the Planning Division office during normal business hours. Notification of each submission will be sent automatically to the affected Supervisors' office(s) and Planning Commissioner(s). If a change to land use or intensity is proposed for an individual property, Planning Division staff will send a letter of notification to the property owner(s).
Review of Submissions
Submissions will primarily be reviewed by applying the following set of criteria:
- Address emerging community concerns;
- Respond to actions by others, such as Federal, State, or adjacent jurisdictions;
- Advance major policy objectives, such as promoting environmental protection, fostering revitalization of designated areas, supporting economic development, preserving open space, providing affordable housing, or balancing transportation infrastructure and public facilities with growth and development;
- Better implement the Concept for Future Development;
- Reflect implementation of Comprehensive Plan guidance through zoning approvals; and,
- Respond to or incorporate research derived from technical planning or transportation studies.
Staff may recommend adding a submission to the work program, adding a modified version of a submission to the work program, carrying over a submission to future work programs, or not adding a submission to the work program. Submissions that are not included within the updated work program can be resubmitted for consideration on future work programs.
To withdraw your submission prior to staff review, a withdrawal letter should be transmitted via postal mail or electronic mail to the Department of Planning and Zoning. The letter must be sent prior to February 1, 2016.
Call the Planning Division, Department of Planning and Zoning at 703-324-1380 or email us at DPZFairfaxForward@fairfaxcounty.gov ..gov if you have questions about the Fairfax Forward process and work program review.