Baileys Crossroads Planning Study
Fairfax County is committed to fostering the continued revitalization of the Baileys Crossroads Community Business Center (CBC) and has now initiated a planning study for a portion of the area.
The study will result in recommendations for changes to the Fairfax County Comprehensive Plan and strategies for implementing those changes.
The study focuses specifically on areas to the south and east of the Leesburg Pike (Route 7) and Columbia Pike (Route 244) interchange in the Baileys Crossroads CBC.
On April 15, 2010, a preferred land use concept developed by the study will be presented the community. This preferred concept was developed based on public input on two previous conceptual options. It incorporates desired elements from both.
- Preferred Concept
- Public Open House Presentation
- Recent Meetings
- News releases and announcements
- Study area map
- Background on Baileys Crossroads revitalization
of the planning study
- Existing Conditions Report
- Preliminary Concepts
Comprehensive Plan Amendment
Comprehensive Plan Amendment Text
Staff Report and Attachments including the Text
How to stay informed
There are a number of ways to stay informed and be heard:
- Frequently updated information about the planning study including reports, analysis and up-coming public meetings will be posted on this Web page.
- You may subscribe to the Baileys Crossroads Planning Study Listserv to keep informed of the latest updates.
- County staff at the Department of Planning and Zoning is available for questions and discussion by telephone and via e-mail. For general information, call 703-324-1380, TTY 711, or send e-mail to the Baileys Crossroads Planning Study at DPZBaileys@fairfaxcounty.gov