Information and Meetings of the Herndon-Monroe Sub-Committee (Reston Master Plan Special Study)
The Herndon-Monroe Sub-committee was formed on May 25, 2010 to focus on
the details of the Herndon-Monroe transit area and define a vision for
Read the Herndon-Monroe Sub-comittee's Charter.
The committee is expected to provide reports outlining issues,
recommendations and alternatives to the Task Force. The Task Force
will discuss the reports and reach decisions
on the alternatives.
The current practice of publically announcing sub-committee meetings and
posting meeting summaries will be followed. Sub-committee meetings
will be open to the public.
The preparation of meeting agendas will be the responsibility of the Sub-committee chair(s). A member of the sub-committee should be appointed to prepare the meeting summaries. Draft reports, presentations, and subsequent written public comment are highlighted below.
Preparation of Committee Reports
As part of a sub-committee’s work, it is expected that documents will be
created that may become part of the sub-committee’s reports. In
order to expedite the creation of
documents, the following procedure for gathering comments and producing drafts will be established and is consistent with FOIA.
- The committee may appoint one or two drafters for a document.
- The drafters will prepare and forward documents to the committee members.
- The members may review the documents and forward comments only to the drafters.
- The edited documents will be discussed in the public sub-committee meetings.
- This process may be repeated between sub-committee meetings.
- Prior to a meeting, the drafters will forward a version to County staff for posting as part of the agenda.
Update regarding Final Report - Herndon-Monroe Subcommittee Station Area Report Update (delivered at the December 14, 2010 Task Force Meeting)
Submitted Public Comments in Response to Final Report
- Comments on Final Draft Report (submitted November 22, 2010 by Dick Rogers)
Draft Report - Presentation of the Draft Report to the Task Force (Presented September 14, 2010)
Reston Community Center Hunters Woods
2310 Colts Neck Road
Reston, VA 20191
Phone: (703) 476-4500
Reston Community Center Lake Anne
1609-A Washington Plaza
Reston, VA 20190
Specific to Herndon-Monroe Transit Area
|Nicholas Bauer, Co-Chair||At-Large|
|John Bowman||RCA Alternate|
|John Anderson Carter||At-Large|
|Michael Cooper||Brandywine Realty Trust|
|Arthur Hill||Reston P&Z|
|Susan Mockenhaupt||At-Large Alternate for Pew|
|Greg Riegle, Co-Chair||WARD|