Information and Meetings of the Process Sub-Committee (Reston Master Plan Special Study)
The Process Sub-committee was formed to focus on crafting the methodologies to be employeed by the Task Force to sythesise the information collected from presentations, citizen texts, meetings, Task Force discussion, and existing Comprehensive Plan documents and craft a Task Force Report with Plan Recommendations on the Reston Planning Principles, four Dulles Corridor station areas, and Village Centers.
The committee is expected to provide reports outlining issues, recommendations and alternatives to the Task Force. The Task Force will discuss the reports and reach decisions on the alternatives.
The current practice of publically announcing sub-committee meetings and posting meeting summaries will be followed. Sub-committee meetings will be open to the public. The preparation of meeting agendas will be the responsibility of the Sub-committee chair(s). A member of the sub-committee should be appointed to prepare the meeting summaries.
Preparation of Committee Reports
As part of a sub-committee’s work, it is expected that documents will be created that may become part of the sub-committee’s reports. In order to expedite the creation of documents, the following procedure for gathering comments and producing drafts will be established and is consistent with FOIA.
- The committee may appoint one or two drafters for a document.
- The drafters will prepare and forward documents to the committee members.
- The members may review the documents and forward comments only to the drafters.
- The edited documents will be discussed in the public sub-committee meetings.
- This process may be repeated between sub-committee meetings.
- Prior to a meeting, the drafters will forward a version to County staff for posting as part of the agenda.
North County Government Center
1850 Cameron Glen Drive
Reston, VA 20190
Details and Meeting Materials
|Friday, May 7, 2010||9-10:30am||Conference Room|
|Friday, April 16, 2010||9-10:30am||Conference Room|