Information and Meetings of the Steering Committee (Reston Master Plan Special Study)
About | Reports | Meeting Information | Reference Documents | Members | Community Comments | Study Schedule
Read the Steering Committee's Mission
The committee is expected to provide reports outlining issues, recommendations and alternatives to the Task Force. The Task Force will discuss the reports and reach decisions on the alternatives.
The current practice of publically announcing sub-committee meetings and posting meeting summaries will be followed. Committee meetings will be open to the public. The preparation of meeting agendas will be the responsibility of the committee chair(s). A member of the committee should be appointed to prepare the meeting summaries.
Preparation of Committee Reports
As part of a sub-committee’s work, it is expected that documents will be created that may become part of the committee’s reports. In order to expedite the creation of documents, the following procedure for gathering comments and producing drafts will be established and is consistent with FOIA.
- The committee may appoint one or two drafters for a document.
- The drafters will prepare and forward documents to the committee members.
- The members may review the documents and forward comments only to the drafters.
- The edited documents will be discussed in the public sub-committee meetings.
- This process may be repeated between sub-committee meetings.
- Prior to a meeting, the drafters will forward a version to County staff for posting as part of the agenda.
|John Anderson Carter||At-Large|
|Robert Goudie||RTC Residential|
|Peter Otteni||Boston Properties|
|William Penniman||RCC Alternate|
|Andrew Van Horn||JBG Companies|