Information and Meetings of the Town Center Sub-Committee (Reston Master Plan Special Study)
The Town Center Sub-committee was formed to focus on the details of
the Town Center area and define a vision for the area.
Read the Town Center Sub-comittee's Charter.
The committee is expected to provide reports outlining issues, recommendations and alternatives to the Task Force. The Task Force will discuss the reports and reach decisions on the alternatives. Draft reports, presentations, and subsequent written public comment are highlighted below.
The current practice of publically announcing sub-committee meetings and posting meeting summaries will be followed. Sub-committee meetings will be open to the public. The preparation of meeting agendas will be the responsibility of the Sub-committee chair(s). A member of the sub-committee should be appointed to prepare the meeting summaries.
Preparation of Committee Reports
As part of a sub-committee’s work, it is expected that documents will be created that may become part of the sub-committee’s reports. In order to expedite the creation of documents, the following procedure for gathering comments and producing drafts will be established and is consistent with FOIA.
- The committee may appoint one or two drafters for a document.
- The drafters will prepare and forward documents to the committee members.
- The members may review the documents and forward comments only to the drafters.
- The edited documents will be discussed in the public sub-committee meetings.
- This process may be repeated between sub-committee meetings.
- Prior to a meeting, the drafters will forward a version to County staff for posting as part of the agenda.
Submitted Public Comments
- Minority Report on Town Center Sub-Committee - Revised (update submittee May 6, 2011 by Joe Stowers)
- Planning World-Class Transit-Oriented Development in Reston Town, The Community’s Alternative Vision (submitteed November 24, 2010 by Reston 2020)
Submitted Public Comments
- Preliminary Comment on “Draft” Town Center Task Force Sub-Committee Report (submitted August 17, 2010 by Reston 2020 and Reston Citizens Association)
- Comments for Town Center Sub-committee from Dick Stilson, Reston 2020, Implementation Working Group (presented August 17, 2010)
- Marion Stillson's Statement to the Town Center Sub-Committee (presented at August 17, 2010 Meeting of the Town Center Sub-Committee)
- Impact of the 1:1 GFA Residential to GFA non-residentail within the DRAFT Town Center Plan (submitted August 11, 2010 by Frederick Costello)
- Response to Town Center Draft Committee Report by Joe Stowers (submitted August 2, 2010)
West Market Clubhouse
1901 Logan Manor Dr
Reston, VA 20190
Specific to Reston Town Center Area
|Susan Mockenhaupt||At-Large Alternate for Pew|
|Robert Goudie, Co Chair||RTC Residential|
|Peter Otteni, Co Chair||Boston Properties|
|Rae Noritake||WARD Alternate|
|Terri Phillips||At-Large Alternate for Bauer|
|Joe Stowers||At-Large Alternate for Costello|