Information and Meetings of the Wiehle Avenue Sub-Committee (Reston Master Plan Special Study)
The Wiehle Avenue Sub-committee was formed on May 25, 2010 to focus on the details of the Wiehle Avenue transit area and define a vision for the area.
The committee is expected to provide reports outlining issues, recommendations and alternatives to the Task Force. The Task Force will discuss the reports and reach decisions on the alternatives.
The current practice of publically announcing sub-committee meetings and posting meeting summaries will be followed. Sub-committee meetings will be open to the public. The preparation of meeting agendas will be the responsibility of the Sub-committee chair(s). A member of the sub-committee should be appointed to prepare the meeting summaries.
Preparation of Committee Reports
As part of a sub-committee’s work, it is expected that documents will be created that may become part of the sub-committee’s reports. In order to expedite the creation of documents, the following procedure for gathering comments and producing drafts will be established and is consistent with FOIA.
- The committee may appoint one or two drafters for a document.
- The drafters will prepare and forward documents to the committee members.
- The members may review the documents and forward comments only to the drafters.
- The edited documents will be discussed in the public sub-committee meetings.
- This process may be repeated between sub-committee meetings.
- Prior to a meeting, the drafters will forward a version to County staff for posting as part of the agenda.
Final Report - Wiehle Avenue Subcommittee Station Area Report
Presentation of the Final Report to the Task Force (presented December 14, 2010)
Community Feedback: None
Draft Report #1 - Interim Report to the Task Force
Presentation of the Interim Report to the Task Force (presented September 28, 2010)
- Reston 2020 Feedback and Suggestions on Draft Final Report (submitted December 10, 2010)
|Arthur Murphy||Reston P&Z|
|Robert Walker||Reston P&Z|
|David Gill||WARD Alternate|
|William Penniman, Co Chair||RCC Alternate|
|Anne Strange||RCRC Alternate|
|Andrew Van Horn, Co Chair||JBG Companies|