Reston Area Study- Documents
Comprehensive Plan Text
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS ADOPTED PLAN - June 02, 2015
- The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors adopted the Reston Plan and several related changes to the Comprehensive Plan for the Reston area. The Board adopted the Planning Commission recommendation along with a Board modification. The adopted Reston Plan includes:
- View a 2 minute video explaining the Reston Plan or read a 2 page summary of the Plan.
PLANNING COMMISSION RECOMMENDATION - May 13, 2015
Commission recommends, to the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors,
adoption of the Staff Report's attached Plan guidance, with several
changes shown in the
PC Mark-up document and its associated attachments (large file size
of 40+ MB). PC recommended changes to Staff Report's attached Plan text
mainly are editorial changes, with the exception of:
- Removal of the requirement for Village Centers to undergo Plan Amendments, in order to promote their redevelopment. Applicable redevelopment proposals will go through the rezoning process, which includes community input opportunities.
- Addition of language for Tall Oaks Village Center to recognize that the redevelopment plan may include a significantly reduced non-residential component and that any redevelopment should emphasize quality design and and the creation of a neighborhood gathering place.
- Addition of language permitting redevelopment of St. Johns Wood apartments, in line with the applicants proposal that was submitted during the study's open comment period. This will allow for the development proposal, currently under review, to be considered.
PLANNING COMMISSION PACKET (Staff Report and proposed Comprehensive Plan Amendments within the appendices) - Published April 1, 2015
- Complete Planning Commission (PC) Packet (304 color pages) Also, read a 7-page clarification of the PC Packet, mainly meant to better explain which sections of proposed Plan text are being carried forward from already adopted Comprehensive Plan guidance.
Individual Sections of the Planning Commission Packet
- Staff Report
- Appendix A: Recommended Plan Text of the Reston Plan
- Appendix B: Recommended Plan Text of the Transit Station Area Plan
- Appendix C: Recommended Plan Text of the Area III Plan Overview
- Appendix D: Recommended Plan Text of the Upper Potomac Planning District
- Appendix E: Recommended Plan Text of the UP4 Planning Sector
- Appendix F: Recommended Plan Text of the UP5 Planning Sector
- Appendix G: Recommended Plan Text of the UP7 Planning Sector
- Appendix H: Letter from representative of St. Johns Wood Realty Holding Company, Inc. concerning St. John’s Wood Property
Appendix I: Community Outreach and Collaboration
WORKING DRAFTS OF PLAN TEXT SHARED WITH THE COMMUNITY
Version 3 - included as part of the Staff Report (appendix A) published
April 1, 2015.
- View the version with strikethrough and underline to help compare with previous Versions.
- Version 2 - for January 29, 2015 Community Meeting and Revised Land Use Map
1 - for September 13, 2014 Community Meeting
- Get the Draft Reston Community Planning Sector Land Use Map
- Get a 2 page Summary for highlights
EXISTING APPROVED PLAN TEXT
- Upper Potomac Planning District (guidance for eight planning sectors: Reston Transit Station Areas, UP1-Riverfront, UP2-Springvale, UP3-Hickory, UP4-Greater Herndon, UP5-Reston, UP6-Sully, UP7-West Ox, and UP8-Lee-Jackson)
- UP5-Reston Community Planning Sector (Comp Plan guidance for Reston and the neighborhoods on its periphery. Does not include guidance for the Reston Transit Station Areas)
- Reston Transit Station Areas (contains guidance for the Reston Transit Station Areas)
Transit Station Areas (TSA)
- Transit Station Areas (file size 92,390 K)
- Reston TSA Districts (file size 8,168 K)
- Transit Station Areas with 1/2 and 1/4 mile circles (file size 71,487 K)
- Reston TSA Conceptual Land Use (file size 875 K)
Section includes presentations, videos, and various displays used to communicate information about the Reston Master Plan Special Study.
|Name||Type of Media||Description||Date of Delivery|
|Video||Discussion of the Reston Master Plan Special Study||April 2014|
|Video||Explanation of Phase II||May 20, 2014|
|PDF version of large display boards||Display Boards describing the Phase II process and milestones, existing conditions, transportation information, parks, and urban design.||June 7, 2014|
|PDF handouts||Various handouts provided as supplementary information during Phase II Open House.||June 7, 2014|
|Video||Explanation of the adopted Reston Plan||May 28, 2015|
Community Comments and Submissions
- Community Comment webpage contains comments, white papers, and research submitted by community members.