Short-Term Property Rentals in Fairfax County
- Where these rentals would be allowed in the County
- How often they could be rented out
- What types of properties could be rented out
- How many people would be allowed to stay in a property at any one time
Why changes are being proposed?
This year, the Virginia General Assembly passed Senate Bill 1578, which gives localities the authority to require registration of Short-Term Rentals. As a result, the Board of Supervisors directed the creation of a working group to draft zoning regulations for Short-Term Rentals in the County and to establish a registry of Short-Term Rentals. In proposing Short-Term Rental regulations to the Board, the working group seeks to balance residents' interests to protect the character of their neighborhood with the interests of persons wanting to operate Short-Term Rentals within their residence.
We want your input!
We want your input to help us develop the proposed zoning regulations and Short-Term Rental Registry:
- Take a quick online SURVEY by August 31, 2017.
- Call us at 703-324-1314, TTY 711.
- Email us your comments or concerns at email@example.com.
- Offer public testimony at the public hearings (not yet scheduled).