Public Workshops on Land Use Prototypes and Transportation Networks
Public Workshops and Web Input on Test Scenarios
The Tysons Land Use Task Force and the team of consultants working on planning the future of Tysons developed three scenarios to test potential future growth in Tysons. These test scenarios were shaped by the public input provided during the March 2007 workshops and from ongoing Task Force activities. The test scenarios look at different ways of integrating four planned metrorail stations into Tysons Corner.
The test scenarios were not designed to be actual choices for the future of Tysons but to test how different planning approaches may or may not work. The test scenarios -- along with the “base case” derived from the current Comprehensive Plan -- were evaluated to learn how well they address the Task Force Guiding Planning Principles and key factors for future transportation and quality of life in Tysons Corner.
In addition to three community wokshops held in the Hunter Mill, Dranesville, and Providence districts, the Task Force accepted public input on specific implications of the test scenarios through a questionnaire on its web site. This input is helping the planning consultants design actual working alternatives for the future of Tysons Corner, which will go through another round of public review in January 2008.
Presentations, handouts, and video from the workshops:
- Community Workshop Introduction
- "Telling the Tysons Story"
- Streaming video of the "Telling the Tysons Story" presentation (A media player is required to view this video.)
- Initial Findings of the Three Test Scenarios
Related presentations from Task Force meetings:
- Initial Transportation Analysis (Cambridge Systematics, July 9, 2007)
- Public Facilities Initial Analyses (Fairfax County Department of Planning and Zoning, July 9, 2007)
- Watershed Management Plans (Fairfax County Stormwater Planning Division, January 22, 2007)
Public Input Received from July Outreach
- Initial Results and Feedback from the Workshops (presented to the Task Force on July 30, 2007)
- Summary of Public Input from the Workshops and Questionnaires
- Summary of Table Dialogue Notes from the Workshops
- Quantitative Results of the Questionnaire
- Summary of Questionnaire Comments
- All Questionnaire Comments (organized by topic)
- Comparison of Workshop and Questionnaire Input
- Input Recieved from Groups