Faith Communities in Action
Faith Communities In Action (FCIA)
Imam Mohamed Magid, Chairman
Fairfax County Faith Communities in Action (FCIA) is a network of faith communities, faith and community-based organizations, and government agencies that promote a respectful, healthy, and caring community through countywide interfaith, government and non-profit organization dialogue. The group is supported by Fairfax County Community Interfaith Coordination within the Department of Neighborhood and Community Services.
FAIRFAX COUNTY FAITH COMMUNITIES IN ACTION ROLE
- Foster education and understanding of countywide religions to strengthen community respect, communication, cooperation and coordination.
- Strengthen faith community awareness and understanding of community services and access to services.
- Increase faith community awareness and understanding of community concerns and needs.
- Connect and network faith communities around community concerns and needs.
- Assist the government to address concerns and needs identified by the faith community.
- Promote and strengthen faith communities’ capacity and practices to address the concerns and needs of the community.
- Promote and strengthen faith-based community organizations’ capacity and practices to address the concerns and needs of the community.
- Strengthen clergy engagement with each other to foster a strong community clergy voice.
FCIA meets bimonthly on the second Wednesday of every other month from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. Meetings are held in the Fairfax County Government Center Conference Center located at 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, Virginia. For more information or to RSVP, please contact the Community Interfaith Liaison Office @ CILUSER@fairfaxcounty.gov.
Meeting Schedule / Location: Conference Rooms 2
- January 12, 2011 -- Topic: 2009 Youth Survey
- March 9, 2011-- Topics: Community Report Card & FY12 Advertised Budget Plan
- May 11, 2011-- Topic: Responding to Financial Need
- July 13, 2011-- Topic: Child Protective Services
- September 14, 2011-- Topic: Domestic Violence "Response to Victims"
- November 9, 2011-- Topics: 2010 Youth Survey & Prevention Tool Kit
- March 14, 2012
- May 9, 2012
- July 11, 2012
- September 12, 2012
- November 14, 2012
Faith Communities in Action Executive Committee and Task Force/Committee Chairmen
Chairman Imam Mohamed Magid
Vice Chairman Reverend Ronald Christian
Vice Chairman Rabbi David Kalender
Reverend Bruce Langwiser
Planning Steering Committee
*Fairfax County Community Chaplain Corps
Cantor Michael Shochet
Deacon Sheri Link
and Housing Opportunities
Dialogue for Understanding
Wise –Dialogue Circle
Youth Task Force Shari Zamarra
*Aging Ministries Network Patricia
*East Springfield Network Sharron
* Oakton/Vienna Network Kathy Birnbaum
* Fairfax Station/Burke Karen Ray
* Franconia Rev. Susan Hinderleider
* Do not serve on the FCIA Executive Committee
Fairfax County is committed to nondiscrimination in all County programs, services, and activities. Special accommodations and/or alternative information formats will be provided upon request. To request accomodations, please contact the Community Interfaith Liaison Office.