One Stop for DMV and County Services at Government Center
The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles’ next visit to the Fairfax County Government Center will be April 28.
DMV now offers two types of outreach to Virginia residents-- DMV 2 Go Mobile Unit and DMV Connect. During scheduled visits to the Government Center, the DMV 2 Go Mobile Unit will be in the parking lot; DMV Connect will be in Suite 233A.
DMV 2 Go offers all DMV services, including:
- Obtain vehicle titles, license plates, decals and transcripts.
- Apply for or renew your ID card - available for adults and children.
- Apply for or renew your driver's license - take road and knowledge tests; get your picture taken. Reinstate driving privileges.
- Get a copy of your driving record.
- Obtain vehicle titles, license plates, decals, transcripts.
- Order disabled parking placards or plates.
- Update DMV records, as well as your voter registration record, with address change, etc.
- Request a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to set up a myDMV account.
- Get a copy of your Virginia birth certificate.
- Obtain an "E-ZPass On-The-Go" or "E-ZPass Flex" transponder.
DMV Connect offers limited DMV services, including:
- ID cards - Virginia state IDs, veterans IDs, child IDs
- Driver's licenses
- Disabled parking placards
- Vehicle title and registrations
- January 31 - DMV 2 Go
- February 15 - DMV 2 Go
- February 28 - DMV 2 Go
- March 31 - DMV 2 Go
- April 28 - DMV 2 Go
- May 31 - DMV 2 Go
- June 30 - DMV 2 Go
- July 31 - DMV 2 Go
- August 31 - DMV 2 Go
- September 29 - DMV 2 Go
- October 5 - DMV 2 Go
- November 30 - DMV 2 Go
- December 29 - DMV 2 Go
Fairfax County Department of Tax Administration Services
This is also a convenient opportunity for residents to visit the Department of Tax Administration in Suite 223 to take care of transactions, including those below.
- Personal Property (car) Tax
- Outstanding parking tickets
- Business, Professional and Occupational License (BPOL)
- Real Estate Tax
- Dog Licenses