e-Check Payments (Car Tax)
- You can now have your Car Taxes electronically paid from your checking or savings account. There is no processing fee to pay by e-Check.
- Payment is considered on-time as long as submission is made by the due date.
- Simply provide us information from your check, such as your bank routing number (9 digit number located in the lower left corner of your check) and your account number.
- We will automatically debit your checking or savings account. Please be aware that certain financial institutions only permit e-Check debits from checking accounts and do not permit e-Check debits from savings accounts.
- Pay now by e-Check, or call 703-222-8234 for more information.
Important Note for Payment of Delinquent Taxes: The Fairfax County Department of Tax Administration (DTA) may have placed a 'Hold' against your DMV registration because of delinquent taxes. It may take 3 to 5 business days before your account is updated to reflect e-Check payments.
- If you are paying well in advance of renewing your state registration, and for all other delinquent payments, you may make payment by e-Check. Any existing DMV 'Hold' will be released automatically within the next two weeks.
- If you need the immediate release of a DMV registration 'Hold', you may make payment by e-Check now. However, you must also contact DTA after 24 hours to verify that your account is clear and obtain a release.
- Remember, DTA must collect the $20 fee before a DMV 'Hold' can be released.
If you experience any problems, please call the Department of Tax Administration at 703-222-8234.