Pay Real Estate Taxes
Pay your real estate taxes in one of many ways we offer. Most homeowners pay Fairfax County's real estate tax as part of a monthly mortgage payment. Your mortgage company then sends the taxes directly to the county. However, some homeowners must pay their real estate taxes directly (by July 28 and Dec. 5) through the options listed below.
Pay with Credit/Debit Card
(Third-party service fees apply.)
Pay with Checking
(No service fees apply.)
Send bill and checks only (no cash) payable to:
Fairfax County Department of Tax Administration
12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 223
Fairfax, VA 22035
- Fairfax County Department of Tax Administration
- If using VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express, call 703-222-6740, TTY 711 (*24 hours a day/ 7 days a week*).
- If using Discover, call 703-222-8234, TTY 703-222-7594 (available weekdays 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
- Third party service fees apply.
- 12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 223, Fairfax, Va., 22035
- Weekdays 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; open until 6:30 p.m. on Thursdays.
- Pay by check, cash, or debit card.
Pay by credit card. (Third-party
services fees apply.)
Fairfax County offers the option to prepay real estate taxes
through automatic installments debited electronically from your
- For more information, refer to our Automatic Installments - Frequently Asked Questions page, or contact our office.
- The Automatic Installment application form is now available for download from our website!
Late Payments and Returned Checks
Late Payment Notice:
There is a 10 percent penalty plus interest for late real estate tax payments. Late payments are subject to multiple collection actions and additional fees.
Returned Check Fee:
If a check is returned a $50 charge will be added and the payment is void.