Voter Registration Training Schedule
Upcoming 3rd Party Voter Registration Training Information
Effective July 1, 2013 all individuals or organizations requesting twenty-five (25) or more voter registration applications from the Virginia Department of Elections (ELECT) or local voter registration offices must register and complete ELECT certified training.
You may complete this training one of three ways:
- Instructor led, classroom training offered by ELECT. Click here for a list of dates, times and locations, or email Garry Ellis for more information.
- Instructor led, classroom training at Fairfax County Office of Elections. Please email Patricia Ferguson to register for one of the locally scheduled training classes listed below, or call 703-324-4711
- ELECT Online training: Access the online training ( Apple mobile devices).
ELECTencourages all groups involved in the voter registration process to participate in these training opportunities.
YOU MUST RSVP FOR CLASSES. Please RSVP within 24 hours of your class choice. If there are no participants, class will be cancelled.
All classes, unless otherwise noted, are conducted in the Office of Elections, Suite 323, 12000 Government Center Pkwy., Fairfax, 22035
Training dates in Fairfax County are:
- Thurday, August 20th - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. CANCELLED
- Tuesday, September 15th - 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., Mount Vernon Governmental Center, 2511 Parkers Lane, Alexandria 22306
The training will cover topics including best practices for completion of the voter registration application, maintaining the integrity of the voter registration process, prohibited activities, important deadlines for submission of completed applications, and laws protecting the privacy of applicants.
The deadline to register to vote for the November 3rd General Election is October 13th