New Entrance to Stringfellow Road Park-and-Ride Opens Oct. 7
Oct. 5, 2015
Beginning Wednesday, October 7, 2015, all cars entering the Stringfellow Road Park-and-Ride at 4920 Stringfellow Road, Centreville, will need to use a new entrance located at the intersection of Stringfellow Road and Fair Lakes Boulevard. Patrons should note that the old park-and-ride entrance will be designated for bus use only; access to the parking lot will no longer be available from the old entrance.
The Stringfellow Road Park-and-Ride is being expanded by the Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) and Fairfax County Department of Public Works and Environmental Services (DPWES), in partnership with the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT). The project is anticipated to be completed in March 2016. Expansion highlights include:
- Approximately 300 additional parking spaces.
- Improved bus service to and from the Vienna Metro Station.
- Three additional bus bays.
- Improved pedestrian and bike facilities.
- A Connector Store (transit store).
For additional details about this project, visit the project
website or contact DPWES at 703-324-5800, TTY 711.
Connect with Fairfax County Transportation!
- Sign-up for alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts
- Follow us on Twitter & Facebook
- Visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/fcdot/news
- Call 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608
Fairfax County Transportation Media Contact
Anna K. Nissinen, Head of Communications
Direct: 703-877-5606, TTY 711
Cell: 571-446-9940, TTY 711