Residential Permit Parking - Out-of-State Student with Other's Vehicle
If you are a full-time unemployed out-of-state student that resides within a Residential Permit Parking District (RPPD) and you are driving a vehicle that is registered to another individual, you can apply for a parking permit for the vehicle.
Please note that the vehicle you are using must be registered at the Fairfax County Department of Tax Administration (DTA) as ‘garaged’ at your RPPD address. The owner of the vehicle will be asked to provide the property number when indicating that you have use of the vehicle
When you apply online, select the exception for yourself as ‘OTHER’, then set the exception for your vehicle as ‘OTHER’. Note the email generated ‘tracking number’ for the vehicle during your online application session and include it with your required documentation.
- Copy of your driver’s license
- Copy of the vehicle registration
- Letter from your institution’s registrar that states that you are enrolled as a full time student during the (current) school year
- Copy of your lease
- Full-time unemployed out-of-state student exemption form
- Resident using others vehicle form
Submit documents by:
U. S. Mail:
Fairfax County DOT, Attention RPPD
4050 Legato Road, Suite 400
Fairfax, VA 22033-2895