Residential Permit Parking - Out-of-State Student with Own Vehicle

If you are a full-time unemployed out-of-state student that resides within a Residential Permit Parking District (RPPD) and you are driving your own out-of-state vehicle, you can apply for a parking permit for the vehicle.

When you apply online, select the exception for yourself as ‘OTHER’, then set the exception for your vehicle as ‘OTHER’. Note the email generated ‘tracking number’ for the vehicle during your online application session and include it with your required documentation.

Required Documents:

Submit documents by:

(703) 877-5776


U. S. Mail:
Fairfax County DOT, Attention RPPD
4050 Legato Road, Suite 400
Fairfax, VA 22033-2895


Contact Fairfax County: Phone, Email or Twitter | Main Address: 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035
Technical Questions: Web Administrator

ADA Accessibility | Website Accessibility
Awards | FOIA | Mobile | Using this Site | Web Disclaimer & Privacy Policy | Get Adobe Reader
Official site of the County of Fairfax, Virginia, © Copyright 2016

Website Feedback Website Feedback    Globe with various flags representing Web site language translations   Language Translations

Return to Graphic Version