TAC Agenda for April 16, 2013 Meeting
FAIRFAX COUNTY TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMISSION
Regular Meeting – April 16, 2013
7:30 PM – Fairfax County Department of Transportation, 4050 Legato
Road, Suite 400, Fairfax, VA 22033
Note-Taker: Edson Tennyson Backup: Kevin Morse
7:30 Acceptance of the March 19, 2013, Regular Meeting Notes
7:35 Dulles Rail Phase II – Final Engineering Study – Mark Canale, FCDOT
8:35 TAC Proposal to Countywide Transit Network Study – Frank Cohn
9:00 Comment & Feedback on Previous Meeting’s Presentations:
- Summary of General Assembly Session
- Final Super NoVa Transit and TDM Vision Plan
9:10 Planned Agenda for the May 21, 2013, meeting
- Countywide Network Transit Study – Tom Burke, FCDOT
Topics for Future Meetings:
- June 18, 2013: Field Trip to Express Lanes Operations Facility Center
- July 16, 2013: Recommendations on Parking Requirements in Transit Oriented Development Areas – Dan Rathbone, FCDOT
- Columbia Pike Street Car Line Progress (and additional possible candidates)
- CTB Determination of Corridor of Statewide Importance through Loudoun/Prince William Counties
- Regional Transit System Plan
- Comprehensive Plan staff and Planning Commission discussions with TAC on what their vision is for future development and any changes in planning and zoning guidelines that may be needed to account for future work environment given the pace and impacts of technology advances (including guest speaker to explain impact of self-driving/smart cars, buses and trucks on traffic, roadways and intersections).
- Board Four-Year Transportation Plan
- Fairfax bus discussions schedule. All discussions except the online chat are from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- April 15, Reston Community Center Hunter Woods, 2310 Colts Neck Rd., Reston.
- April 17, Herndon Council Chambers Building, 765 Lynn St., Herndon.
- April 18, 2 p.m., Ask Fairfax! online discussion at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/askfairfax.
- April 18, Reston Community Center Lake Anne, JoAnn Rose Library, 1609A Washington Plaza, Reston.
- April 22, Westbriar Elementary School, 1741 Pine Valley Dr., Vienna.
- April 23, McLean High School, 1633 Davidson Rd., McLean.
- April 24, Tysons-Pimmit Regional Library, 7584 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church.
- VDOT Public Information Meeting, April 28 - Improvements to I-66 & Route 28 6:00 to 8:00 pm, Stone Middle School, 5500 Sully Park Dr., Centreville, VA 20120
May 7, 2013 7:30 pm TAC Work Session (FCDOT)
May 7, 2013 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. Board Transportation Committee Meeting
May 21, 2013 7:30 pm TAC Regular Meeting (FCDOT)
June 4, 2013 7:30 pm TAC Work Session (FCDOT)
June 18, 2013 7:30 pm Field Trip to Express Lanes Operations Facility
June 25, 2013 TBD Board Transportation Committee Meeting
July 2, 2013 7:30 pm TAC Work Session (FCDOT)
July 16, 2013 7:30 pm TAC Regular Meeting (FCDOT)