Homes and Properties
- Grass height complaints accepted April 1 to October 12.
- Electrical, heating/cooling, unsanitary conditions, vacant dwellings, water/sewer, hoarding and more Submit Complaint
- Overcrowding, too many people in home/public place, illegal apartment in home Submit Complaint
- Excessive junk in yard, illegal child care, home businesses, front yard pavement and more Submit Complaint
Land Use and Construction
- Overcrowding in public places, grills on balconies, hazardous materials, dumping and other fire department issues Submit Complaint
- Complaints submitted will be handled during normal business hours. For an immediate response to health or fire safety issues dial 911.
Complaints submitted will be handled during normal business hours. For an immediate response to health or fire safety issues dial 911.
- Improper food handling/cleanliness in a restaurant Submit Complaint
- For an illness from eating in a restaurant, call 703-246-2444
- Failing septic systems, bad well water Submit Complaint
- Hotel, motel, bed/breakfast cleanliness Submit Complaint
Improper Trash Disposal
- Overflowing dumpster, household trash, illegal dumpsite, tires, hazardous materials, paint, oil Submit Complaint
- Animal (not dogs), construction, mechanical and other noise Submit Complaint
- For dog noise or immediate noise concerns, call the police non-emergency number at 703-691-2131, TTY 711
- For Trash Truck Noise Complaints call the Department of Public Works and Environmental Services at 703-324-5230, TTY 711.
Animals, Rats, Insects
- Infestations, excessive number of dogs, fowl, livestock and more Submit Complaint
Signs on Private Property Only
Vehicles and Parking
- Commercial, inoperable/junk, parking on grass, tow truck and more Submit Complaint