Fire & Hazardous Materials Mobile Investigations Lab
- 2002 Freightliner mobile investigations unit manufactured by the Mattman Company.
- Purchased from grant funding from the Virginia Department of Fire Programs (VDFP).
- Provides a work platform for fire and hazardous materials investigators on major incidents.
- Has a complete office and interview area and a mini laboratory for conducting field screening test.
- Full compliment of investigative tools including lights, generators, hand tools, soil and water sampling devices, and sifting screens.
- Full compliment of evidence collection equipment including sample collection containers, photographic equipment, finger printing kits, etc.
- Full compliment of hazardous materials monitoring equipment including multi-gas detection equipment, radiation monitors, and photo ionization detectors.
- Onboard computer system including wireless internet and wireless access point.
- Large format plotter for doing on scene mapping.
- Emergency decontamination equipment including shower and eyewash station.
- Light tower and scene lighting to conduct night time investigations powered by an onboard 20kw generator.
- Onboard camera tower for scene monitoring and surveillance.
Office of the Fire Marshal
Hazardous Materials Technical Support Branch
10700 Page Avenue
Fairfax, Virginia 22030