May 16, 2017 Board of Supervisors Meeting
Before the Meeting
review the draft
agenda until it is replaced by the
agenda and board package (revised) and
addendum to the board package
- read Weekly Agenda, our newsletter with the summary of recent Board actions and links to meeting agendas for the Board of Supervisors, Board of Zoning Appeals and Planning Commission
After the Meeting
final agenda and board package and the Clerk to the
Board's official meeting
listen to the Board of Supervisors
Highlights podcast or read the
- read the latest county news and social media posts on NewsCenter
photos of presentations and recognitions by the Board of Supervisors
- Presentation photos are made available the afteroon of the meeting
Presentations text is provided here the day before the scheduled
The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors will recognize:
- Melanie Pincus of McLean High School for being named the Virginia Journalist of the Year.
- McLean High School gymnastics team for winning the Virginia High School League 6A state championship.
- Danielle Suh of Westfield High School for winning the Virginia High School League Girls Golf Individual Open championship.
- Westfield High School football team for winning the Virginia High School League 6A state championship.
- Aaron Howell and Thomas Mukai from Robinson Secondary School; Tyler Matheny from Lake Braddock Secondary School; and Brendan Grammes from McLean High School for winning state championships in wrestling.
The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors will designate:
- May as Older Americans and Adult Abuse Prevention Month.
- June 19-25 as Fairfax County Sheriff’s Office Week.
- May as Lyme Disease Awareness Month.
- June as Fight the Bite Awareness Month.
- May 21-27 as Public Works Week.