Virginia Legislative Information
In order to remain a competitive state and an attractive place for economic development, Virginia must invest the resources necessary to educate its citizens at all levels, ensure the rule of law, protect its natural resources, provide for the basic needs of the less fortunate and build a sound infrastructure.
Fairfax County takes a number of positions and advocates for legislation in Richmond with the Virginia General Assembly. The 2015 Regular Session convened Jan. 14.
- 2016 General Assembly Final Report to the Board of Supervisors—March 15, 2016
- Legislative Report No. 3 -- Board Legislative Committee Meetings of Feb. 19 and Feb. 26, 2016
- Legislative Report No. 2 -- Board Legislative Committee Meeting of Feb. 5, 2016
- Legislative Report No. 1 -- Board Legislative Committee Meeting of Jan. 29, 2016
- 2016 Legislative Program—Adopted Dec. 8, 2015
- 2016 Human Services Issue Paper – Adopted Dec. 8, 2015
- Recommended Strategies for the 114th Congress—Adopted Dec. 8, 2015
- Federal Funding and Legislative Principles—Adopted Dec. 8, 2015
- Virginia General Assembly
- Use the General Assembly's Legislative Information System, which allows you to search for bills and resolutions by subject, time period and bill number.
- Find Your State Legislators