Virginia Legislative Information
In order to remain a competitive state and an attractive place for economic development, Virginia must invest the resources necessary to educate its citizens at all levels, ensure the rule of law, protect its natural resources, provide for the basic needs of the less fortunate and build a sound infrastructure.
Fairfax County takes a number of positions and advocates for legislation in Richmond with the Virginia General Assembly. The 2017 Regular Session convened Jan. 11.
- Legislative Report No. 2 – Board Legislative Committee Meetings of January 27, 2017 and February 10, 2017
- Legislative Report No. 1 – Board Legislative Committee Meeting of January 19, 2017
- 2017 Legislative Program - Adopted Dec. 6, 2016
- 2017 Human Services Issue Paper - Adopted Dec. 6, 2016
- Recommended Strategies and Principles for the 115th Congress - Adopted Dec. 6, 2016
- Virginia General Assembly
- Use the General Assembly's Legislative Information System, which allows you to search for bills and resolutions by subject, time period and bill number.
- Find Your State Legislators