Emergency Health Information
Keep Yourself Healthy and Safe During An Emergency
The aftermath of an unexpected tornado, flood or power outage can pose a serious health risk for you and your family. It's best to prepare for an emergency before it strikes. Once a disaster hits, you may not have the time or the ability to get supplies.
There are many local, state and national resources available to help prepare for emergency.
Stay Healthy and Safe: If a natural disaster strikes, the following guidelines (organized by health topic) can help keep you and your family healthy and safe.
- Preventing Disease in a Flood
Preventing Injury in a
- Carbon monoxide precautions
- Mold precautions and clean-up
- Clean up of Flood Damaged Buildings
- Electrical hazards
- Candle safety
- Heat Exhaustion and Fatigue-related injuries
- Dealing with Wild and Domestic Animals in a Disaster
- Flooding and Power Failures: General Safety Information
- Flooding and Power Failures: General Safety Information - Drinking Water, Wells & Septic systems