Hurricane Season Information
The aftermath of an unexpected tornado, flood or power outage can pose a serious health risk for you and your family. It's best to prepare for a hurricane or tornado before it strikes. Once a disaster hits, you may not have the time or the ability to get supplies
Hurricane season typically runs June 1 through November 30. Tornadoes can occur any time of the year. Most of the tornadoes that hit Virginia occur in August and September and are associated with the remnants of hurricanes. Tornadoes often strike with little or no advance warning.
- Health Department Emergency Health Guidelines - Food safety,environmental hazards, pest and disease control.
- Family Emergency Preparedness Guide For Severe Weather Situations - Virginia Department of Health (VDH)
- National Hurricane Awareness Week
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)- Hurricane page
- NOAA - National Hurricane Center / Tropical Prediction Center