Community Immunity - Flu
What is Community Immunity?
- When a critical portion of a community is immunized against the flu, most members of the community are protected because there is little opportunity for the virus to spread.
- For community immunity to work, each of us who can receive flu vaccine, must get vaccinated every year.
Why is Community Immunity Important?
- Because not everyone can receive flu vaccine and some people are at greater risk of flu-related complications and death. Community immunity protects these vulnerable people.
What Can You Do?
- Getting an annual flu vaccine protects yourself, your family, and the vulnerable people in your community.
- Learn more ways to fight the flu.
Did You Know?
- An annual flu vaccine is the BEST way to fight the flu.
- Flu vaccine is safe and effective.
- Flu vaccine cannot cause the flu.
- CDC recommends that everyone 6 months and older get vaccinated against the flu EVERY year, especially people who are at high risk.
- Learn more about flu from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Find Out More
Learn more about Community Immunity from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
8 X 11 Flyer
11 X 17 Poster
Find more educational flyers, posters, and brochures.
Public Service Announcements