Fairfax County History Commission Historical Roadside Marker


Keene's Mill

Marker Text:
A saw and grist mill built by James Keene between 1796 and 1800, when it was expanded, stood on the north side of the original Keene Mill Road right-of-way just to the east of this marker. The mill served the surrounding farm community for approximately sixty years and provided the landmark after which Old Keene Mill Road was named. Two mill races are all that remain on the site.

Date Installed:
May 1999

Marker Credits:
Funded by the Fairfax County History Commission.

Marker Location: Springfield. East side of Huntsman Boulevard between Old Keene Mill Road/Route 644 and Cork County Court.

Marker Location Map

 

 

Keene's Mill

 

 

 


Contact Fairfax County: Phone, Email or Twitter | Main Address: 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035
Technical Questions: Web Administrator

ADA Accessibility | Website Accessibility
Awards | FOIA | Mobile | Using this Site | Web Disclaimer & Privacy Policy | Get Adobe Reader
Official site of the County of Fairfax, Virginia, © Copyright 2013

Website Feedback Website Feedback    Globe with various flags representing Web site language translations   Language Translations

Return to Graphic Version