Fairfax County History Commission Historical Roadside Marker
This land was the eastern most boundary of a 3,111 acre grant, known as Salisbury Plain, acquired by Henry Lee from Thomas 6th Lord Fairfax in 1725 when it was part of the Stafford County frontier. This area became Prince William County in 1730, Fairfax County in 1742, Loudoun County in 1757 and back to Fairfax County in 1798. In 1787 the Lee property was divided between his two grandsons - Richard Bland Lee, the first United States Congressman to represent northern Virginia and the builder of Sully, and Theodorick Lee who acquired the southeastern portion of the estate.
Date Installed: October 2005
Marker Credits: Funded by Blackstone Communities as part of a proffer agreement with the Department of Planning & Zoning.
Marker Location: Chantilly. On the north service drive of Lee Jackson Highway/Route 50, west of Lees Corner Road. Just east of Chantilly Road.