2011 Ending Homelessness Community Snapshot
The Fairfax-Falls Church Community Snapshot provides communitywide data to:
- Reflect the outcomes of the community's 10-Year Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness.
- Highlight the community's collective successes and challenges.
- Depict the tremendous need that exists in the community.
2011 Community Snapshot
- Of the 2,982 people who were literally homeless, 714 secured permanent housing.
- The number of people in the Fairafax-Falls Church community who became homeless for the first time dropped 16% in the last year.
- Collective efforts are now focusing on the creation of 2,650 new affordable housing units.
- Progress toward 10-Year Plan goals and overview of homelessness.
- Helping our most vulnerable neighbors obtain housing.
Community's collective efforts to keep people in their
- Community's collective efforts to keep people in their homes.
Winter seasonal programs, healthcare for the homeless and PATH
- Winter seasonal programs, healthcare for the homeless and PATH outreach.
Keeping Families Together
- Shelter and housing programs for individuals and families, survivors of domestic violence and unaccompanied youth.
- Businesses, nonprofits, faith-based communities and government agencies working together.
- Looking ahead and getting involved.
- Year-in-Review Snapshot on Homelessness Presented to Board of Supervisors
- Presentation on 2011 Community Snapshot (SlideShare)
- View 2010 Community Snapshot
- Get Involved - You Can Make an Impact Today (SlideShare)
- Housing Blueprint - FY 2011 and Beyond