Fairfax County Jeans Day 2012 – Putting the ZIP on Homelessness
Thank you to this year's sponsors:
Register your business or donate online to help the Fairfax County Office to Prevent and End Homelessness in Putting the ZIP on Homelessness. Jeans Day 2012 is Dec. 14. Read about the results of this event!
The Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce is partnering with the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Partnership to End Homelessness, Connection Newspapers and Apple Federal Credit Union to sponsor Jeans Day 2012. Area businesses, Fairfax County agencies, civic organizations, nonprofit organizations and other chambers of commerce will join groups throughout the Northern Virginia area in this important event to help end homelessness in our area. More than 21 workplaces, accounting for over 1,850 employees have already registered to participate in Jeans Day 2012. The Chamber requests your community spirit and support by sponsoring a Jeans Day in your workplace or business.
View the news release (PDF) from the Chamber.
On Dec. 14, allow your employees to wear jeans to support the 10-Year Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness and the Partnership to Prevent and End homelessness.
- The cost to an employee to participate is $5. Each participating business will collect the funds raised and, if they choose, can match the funds.
- Donations will benefit the Partnership to Prevent and End Homelessness.
- Businesses who wish to participate may register and donate here. Participating businesses will be listed on that site.
- Last year's Jeans Day event was a huge success. We encourage all those participated to sign up again, and bring a friend!
Participating as an Individual
You do not need to be affiliated with a business or organization to participate in Jeans Day. Individuals who wish to take part in this initiative may donate online via Apple Federal Credit Union. You may also drop off your donation at any Apple Federal Credit Union branch.
3 Easy Ways to Donate
Donate online through our financial partner, Apple Federal Credit Union.
Cash donations will be accepted at any of Apple Federal Credit Union’s 21 branch locations. Please mention "Ending Homelessness in Fairfax County" to the teller at the time of deposit.
Checks will be accepted at any of Apple Federal Credit Union’s 21 branch locations. Please make your checks made payable to PEH/CFNCR and mention "Ending Homelessness in Fairfax County" to the teller at the time of deposit.
You may also mail checks or money orders to:
The Community Foundation for the National Capital Region
1201 15th Street NW, Suite 420
Washington, DC 20005
For all checks, please reference "Homelessness" in the memo section.
Where are the Donations Going?
All funds raised go directly to the Partnership to Prevent and End Homelessness. There are many ways you, your business or your community organization can impact homelessness today. No matter what your skills, age or resources, there are ways you can make a difference for people who are homeless. This fund not only supports rapid re-housing activities, but also provides valuable resources that tackle multiple prevention issues.
Help Us Make a Difference
Nearly 3,000 children, women and men face homelessness and the threat of severe temperatures and hunger today in the Fairfax County-Falls Church community. The majority of people without homes in our community are children and working families. Homelessness affects everyone, with social and economic costs to the community, including increased public costs for medical care and education.
Make your Jeans Day a huge success. It's fun and simple to organize.
- Ask people to come to work in their jeans and make a donation of $5. It’s a great way to bring a team, a floor or the whole company together.
- Download Jeans Day flyer and distribute.
- It can help raise the profile of your organization. You can highlight your fundraising in your annual report, on your Web site and in your local paper or trade magazine.
- Staff will think it’s great and for a good cause. The boss will look good for letting you all wear your jeans.
- Create a bit of role reversal and give the boss a 'day off', sponsor him or her to make the coffee or do the photocopying.
- Wearing jeans and having some fun in the office starts the weekend a bit earlier.
- The fun and fundraising don't have to stop at 5 p.m. Make a night of it and hold a happy hour or karaoke night!
- Raising money on Jeans Day helps your company to meet its corporate civic responsibility targets and Put the ZIP on Homelessness.
Donate online to help Prevent and End Homelessness in our area.
For more information on the event, contact Glynda Mayo
Fairfax County Office to Prevent and End Homelessness, at email@example.com .