NAEH Survey: Meeting the Need
Heard from the Consumers
Thinking about the most recent time you became homeless, what could’ve been done to prevent you from becoming homeless?
- Help finding a more affordable apartment (63%)
- Receiving rental assistance (59%)
- Case management (56%)
What services or assistance do/did I need the most to get housing?
- Rental assistance/Case management (74% each)
- Help finding a job/Shelter/Mental health treatment (48% each)
- Help finding an apartment (44%)
What resources or services do I need to keep my housing?
- Mental health supports (60%)
- Case management/Help with budgeting and money management (55% each)
- Health care (50%)
Which services were offered to you to help you get permanent housing?
- Case management (71%)
- Shelter (67%)
- Mental health treatment (57%)