Access to Computers and Job Application Assistance
Help with the application process
Applicants who need hands-on assistance with the application process are encouraged to come to the HR Central Application Center. Computers are available and staff will work with you to establish an AIMS account and get your resume into the system.
The HR Central Application Center is located in the Government Center at:
12000 Government Center Parkway
Fairfax, Va, 20035
Call 703-222-5872 for more information. Directions to the Application Center.
Help with computer access
Applicants without computer access at home can find computers that provide public access to AIMS in several locations throughout the county, including the following:
- Fairfax County HR Central Application Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 270, Fairfax, Va. Phone 703-222-5872.
- Fairfax County Public Library – Most public library systems throughout the metro area provide limited access to the Internet on personal computers. There may be a limit on the amount of time that you can use a computer in the public library.
- Access Fairfax – South County Center, 8350 Richmond Highway, Suite 125, Alexandria. Phone 703-704-7080.
- SkillSource Centers – Multiple locations throughout the Northern Virginia area.
Applicants with little or no computer access may wish to establish an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) account in addition to their AIMS account. Using a telephone, the IVR system provides users basic access to:
- Learn about available jobs (call 703-324-5627 to hear current jobs read to you).
- Use the "Quick Apply" feature to apply for a job.
- Obtain the current status of a job they applied for.
IVR is recommended only for users who have difficulty accessing the Internet, because it won't allow you to change personal information or enter a resume. To set up an IVR account, log in to your AIMS account. From the main menu, select My Registrations, and then select Change or Create IVR PIN.