Non-Merit Administrative Job Opportunities
The following non-merit administrative, office, marketing and communications job opportunities are now available. Please note that these positions generally do not have fringe benefits such as leave, health insurance or retirement, unless specified in the job announcement.
Fairfax County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on basis of race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veterans' status or disabled veterans' status. Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance; TTY 703-222-7314. Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EEO/AA/TTY.
NV Rides Reston Coordinator
Agency: Reston Community Center
Job # ELT-RCC-15001
Salary: $16.00 - $18.00/hour; no benefits
Hours: 20 hours per week
The NV Rides Reston Coordinator works in the Reston Community Center (“RCC”) 55+ Program Department and reports directly to the RCC 55+ Program Director. The Coordinator is responsible for handling all operational aspects of NV Rides Reston, a volunteer-led transportation program that serves older adults living in Small Tax District 5 with free transportation to medical, shopping and social engagements. The Coordinator maintains the program database and scheduling software and recruits, interviews, welcomes and trains all volunteer drivers. The Coordinator must have positive, professional and friendly interpersonal skills and enjoy working with older adults.
- Graduation from high school.
- At least two years of work experience in an administrative setting with clerical, customer service, and data entry skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency using basic Microsoft Office software.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekends as required by program responsibilities.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license, as local travel may be required.
- At least one year of college plus one year of work experience in an administrative setting with clerical, customer service, and data-entry responsibilities.
- CPR/FIRST AID certified.
- Multilingual capabilities, in English and other languages.
To Apply: Send your resume to Eileen Boone by email to Eileen.Boone@fairfaxcounty.gov or by fax to 703-476-8617.