Non-Merit Social Services Job Opportunities
The following non-merit social services job opportunities are now available. Please note that these positions generally do not have fringe benefits such as leave, health insurance or retirement, unless specified in the job announcement.
Fairfax County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on basis of race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veterans' status or disabled veterans' status. Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance; TTY 703-222-7314. Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EEO/AA/TTY.
Agency: Family Services
Job # ELT-DFS-15007
Salary: $20.22/hour, benefits eligible*
Schedule: Approximately 30 hours per week
Under close supervision, performs entry-level needs assessments and conducts in-depth interviews to determine eligibility for public financial and medical assistance programs. Multiple positions will be filled from this announcement and may be located in offices throughout Fairfax County.
Minimum Qualifications: Any combination of education, professional work experience and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited 4-year college or university with a bachelor's degree.
Note: *This position and may not exceed 1,560 hours per calendar year. Individuals in these positions are eligible for limited employee benefits, including medical, vision and dental insurance coverage, and participation in flexible spending programs, but are not eligible to earn leave or receive holiday pay.
To Apply: Submit your resume to Bill Walker by email at William.Walker2@fairfaxcounty.gov.
Agency: Fairfax County Park Authority
Job # ELT-FCPA-15052
Salary: Starts at $10.50- $12.00/hour (increases based upon experience and availability); *few positions are benefits eligible
Schedule: Part-time, 15-30 hours per week
The Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) provides quality facilities and services that offer residents opportunities for recreation to improvement their physical and mental well-being, as well as the enhancement of their quality of life. In order to increase the quality of Oak Marr RECenter and its facilities, Oak Marr RECenter will be opening a Drop-in daycare program available to parents/guardians using the building services.
The Drop–in Daycare staff are the frontline customer service employees for the daycare room. Daycare staff members are responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Maintain a safe and sanitary environment for children in the daycare room on a daily basis
- Assist in making sure that the daycare environment is always neat and orderly
- Assist parents with the signing in/out process upon dropping off/picking up their children
- Keep all appropriate records such as attendance, time and illness sheets
- Meet and follow all daycare room rules and licensing regulations
- Assist with daycare room activities
- Maintain daily open communication with parents
- Maintain confidentiality
- Keep supervisor informed on all relevant matters
- Attend in service and staff meetings
- Attend mandatory Fairfax County trainings
- Able to work morning, evening, and weekend hours
- Demonstrate passion for children as well as quality childcare
- Demonstrate ability to work well with others in a childcare setting
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to move and react quickly
- Friendly, positive attitude
- Reliable, dependable
- Attentive, flexible and able to maintain a positive composure in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must be First-Aid/CPR certified or willing to become certified
- Be willing to undergo criminal background check
To Apply: Send your resume by email to Lauren.Geigan@fairfaxcounty.gov or mail it to:
Attn: Lauren Geigan
Oak Marr RECenter
3200 Jermantown Rd.
Oakton VA 22124
Church Community Services Board
Job # ELT-CSB-12010
Salary: $13.99 to $18.66/hour
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
Schedule: 20 hours per week; no nights required
An excellent opportunity for someone with cooking and people skills. Works in a residential treatment setting within a Fairfax County Alcohol and Drug Treatment and Detox facility. Duties include menu planning, inventory management, and working directly with clients. Requires ability to work as part of a team in the production of approximately 200 quality meals per day. No nights required.
Special Requirements: Position requires Food Handler’s license, and the ability to work weekends and holidays. Annual TB screening needed. The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, an Office of the Inspector General (OIG) check and a driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
To Apply: Send your resume by fax to 703-502-7006 or by email to David.Naylor@fairfaxcounty.gov.