New Hire - Onboarding
Welcome to Fairfax County Government! We are happy you have decided to
make Fairfax County your employer of choice, and we welcome you to our
workforce. To speed up the onboarding process and prepare you for your
first day, we have provided you access to many of the forms that you will
need to complete directly from our Internet site. Many of these forms are
"fillable," so you can type in your information and print them
on-line to save time and ensure the information is readable. This
"New Hire – Onboarding" page provides all the forms required for
new hires, as well as benefit enrollment forms for those who are Benefits Eligible. Unless otherwise instructed by
the hiring agency, submit your forms to your agency's HR/Payroll contact.
Note: The forms below are intended for use only by new hires or current Fairfax County employees.
Adobe Acrobat Reader version 6.0 or later is required to view the pdf files below, if you do not have the required Adobe Acrobat Reader, click the icon to download it for free.
Required Forms and Notices for All New Employees
- Child Support Disclosure Form
- Direct Deposit Enrollment Information
- Direct Deposit Authorization Agreement
Verification (Form I-9)
- Note: Read attached instructions carefully before completing. Form I-9 must be completed and signed at the time your employment begins. Only complete the fields in section 1 of the form. The remaining sections are to be completed by your employer upon verification of the documents you present to establish identify and employment authorization.
- Employee Withholding - Federal (Form W-4)
- Please pick the appropriate State Tax Form.
- Notice of Privacy
- Employee Handbook
If you are benefits eligible, in the next few weeks you must make important and binding elections regarding the benefits coverage you desire. Please use the following links for more information:
The County's benefits programs are an important part of your total compensation, and provide additional financial protection for you and your family. However, enrollment in these programs is NOT automatic. Review the Employee Benefit Summary Handbook for all details and deadlines.
- Benefits Enrollment Form
- Life Insurance Beneficiary Election Form
Fairfax County administers three defined benefit retirement systems:
- The Fairfax County Employees' Retirement System
- The Fairfax County Police Officers Retirement System
- The Fairfax County Uniformed Retirement System
For detailed information on the retirement plans, visit their web page at http://fairfaxcounty.gov/retirement