Human Services Council
Human Services in Fairfax County is about putting the “quality” in “quality of life.” County agencies and community partners focus on individual and community health, economic self-sufficiency, housing and community engagement for all residents – with particular emphasis on children, youth, older adults and individuals with disabilities.
The Human Services Council is made up of 20 individuals – appointed by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors (two from each magisterial district and two at-large appointees) – with the charge of:
- Analyzing needs and the effectiveness of the Human Services System
- Advising the system on annual and strategic goals and priorities
- Serving as a liaison to governing and advisory boards of human service organizations and to the community on human service issues
News & Information
- Thursday, January 12, 2017 - New Member Conference Call
- Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - Executive Committee Meeting
- Saturday, February 4, 2017 - Budget Forecast Meeting with Human Services Boards, Authorities, and Commissions (BACs)
- Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - Full Membership Meeting
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - Full Membership Meeting
- December 19, 2016 Meeting Minutes
- January 9, 2017 Meeting Materials
- January 4, 2017 Letter to Boards, Authorities, and Commissions (BACs)
Do You Need Assistance?
- Search the Human Services Resource Guide online
- Call Coordinated Services Planning at 703-222-0880, TTY 711.