Budget and Taxes
Tax Relief for Seniors and Residents with Disabilities: If you are 65 years or older or permanently disabled, and meet the income and asset eligibility requirements, you may qualify for Fairfax County real estate or personal property tax relief, or a rental grant. Information and applications are available at Tax Relief or by calling 703-222-8234.
Budget Process and Documents
The Fiscal Year begins on July 1st of every year. A new budget cycle within the county begins at that time. The School Board's Budget (separate process) is presented at the end of January of every year. The County Executive's presentation of the Advertised Budget for a given year is scheduled for the end of February, public hearings are held for three days at the end of March or the beginning of April and the Budget is usually approved at the end of April.
General Budget Information;
- FY 2014-FY 2018 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP)
- Taxes and Revenue Information
- HUNTER MILL CITIZEN BUDGET COMMITTEE FINAL REPORT ON FY 2014 BUDGET
FY 2014 Budget
Fairfax County Board of Supervisors approved the FY2014 Budget at their April 30, 2013 meeting.
- FY 2014 Advertised Budget Plan - including documents and information
- FY2014 Adopted Budget package
- Adjustments to FY2014 Budget: Add on package and impacts on FY2014 Budget
- Capital Improvement and Debt Management for FY2014-2018
Additional information and presentation can be found on the County's budget webpage, including;
- Couty Executive presenation of the Proposed FY2014 Budget (video)
- Board Markup of the Advertised budget (video)
- Budget Markup process and guidance for FY2014 and FY2015
- Summary of FY2014 Consideration Items
- School Superintendnet presentation of FY 2014 FCPS Fiscal Forecast