Hunter Mill Land Use
Land Use Applications
CURRENT LAND USE APPLICATIONS in the Hunter Mill District (updated monthly)
Current Task Forces and Studies
- Reston Master Plan Special Study Task Force
- Tysons Corner Transportation and Urban Design Study
- Lake Anne Village Center Comprehensive Plan Amendment
- Route 28 Station - South
Check out FIDO (Fairfax Inspection Database Online)
Fairfax County Permit Application Center has implemented new features to add a new level of efficiency and convenience to permit applications. The Fairfax Inspection Database Line (FIDO) is the online system that currently allows homeowners, property owners, contractors and their agents to estimate permit fees, check the status of permit applications, schedule inspections and other similar services. Check out the FIDO Website for full features and information.
Hunter Mill District Land Use Committee
- The Hunter Mill District Land Use Committee provides guidance on all land use applications in the Hunter Mill District. Upcoming agenda, committee members, and minutes are available on their webpage. Committee members are selected from district locales to provide input from all sectors of Hunter Mill. The committee meets the third Tuesday of the month, 7:30 p.m. at the North County Governmental Center Community Room, 12000 Bowman Towne Drive, in Reston. Contact the Hunter Mill District office for further information.
Use Process (General)
Land Use links to Fairfax County agencies:
- The Weekly Agenda contains information on the agenda of the Board of Supervisors, the Planning Commission and the Board of Zoning Appeals, official actions of the Board of Supervisors and important upcoming events.
- Planning and Zoning Department Contains links to online brochures on the Comprehensive Plan and an Overview of the Fairfax County Rezoning Process (PDF). Also contains telephone numbers for the Planner of the Day for the Planning, Zoning Administration, and Zoning Evaluation Divisions.
- Zoning Evaluation Division, Department of Planning and Zoning, which handles rezoning proposals, including negotiating with applicants to resolve identified development issues. They also prepare information (staff report) for the Planning Commission public hearings.
- Land Development System that provides status information on zoning applications contained in the Zoning and Planning System (ZAPS) and plans and waiver applications contained in the Plans and Waiver System (PAMS). A new feature was recently added that produces a detailed map of the application and surrounding land information.