Hunter Mill Land Use
Land Use Applications
CURRENT LAND USE APPLICATIONS in the Hunter Mill District - updated monthly
This link provides a complete listing of all land use cases in the district along with their current status in the planning process. Also included are updates and schedules for land use committees.
Current Task Forces and Studies
- Septage Receiving Site Feasibility Study
- Reston Town Center North
- Reston Master Plan Special Study Task Force
- Tysons Corner Transportation and Urban Design Study
- Lake Anne Village Center Comprehensive Plan Amendment
Hunter Mill District Land Use Committee
- The Hunter Mill District Land Use Committee provides guidance on all land use applications in the Hunter Mill District. Upcoming agenda, committee members, and minutes are available on their webpage. Committee members are selected from district locales to provide input from all sectors of Hunter Mill. The committee meets the third Tuesday of the month, 7:30 p.m., at the North County Governmental Center Community Room, 1801 Cameron Glen Drive, in Reston. Contact the Hunter Mill District office for further information.
Land Use links to Fairfax County agencies:
- The Weekly Agenda contains information on the agenda of the Board of Supervisors, the Planning Commission and the Board of Zoning Appeals, official actions of the Board of Supervisors and important upcoming events.
- Planning and Zoning Department Contains links to online brochures on the Comprehensive Plan and an Overview of the Fairfax County Rezoning Process (PDF). Also contains telephone numbers for the Planner of the Day for the Planning, Zoning Administration, and Zoning Evaluation Divisions.
- Zoning Evaluation Division, Department of Planning and Zoning, which handles rezoning proposals, including negotiating with applicants to resolve identified development issues. They also prepare information (staff report) for the Planning Commission public hearings.
- Land Development System that provides status information on zoning applications contained in the Zoning and Planning System (ZAPS) and plans and waiver applications contained in the Plans and Waiver System (PAMS). A new feature was recently added that produces a detailed map of the application and surrounding land information.