Hunter Mill Land Use
Land Use Applications
CURRENT LAND USE APPLICATIONS in the Hunter Mill District - June 2017
This link provides a complete listing of all land use cases in the district along with their current status in the planning process. Also included are updates and schedules for land use committees.
TH Holding Company LLC has filed a Proffer Condition Amendment, Rezoning and Special Exception for a hotel at 1741 Business Center Drive (Lake Fairfax Business Center) Reston, [Tax Map 018-3 ((10A1). The property is located north of Sunset Hills Road and west of Business Center Drive.
Boston Properties LLC (Reston Gateway) has filed a Proffer Condition Amendment (PCA), Planned Residential Community (PRC) and Development Plan Amendment for property located on the north side of Sunset Hills Road, East side of Town Center Parkway and the south side of the W&OD Trail [Tax Map: 017-3 ((01)), Parcels 5H1, 29A, and 29B. Temporary numbers for these applications are: PCA 2017-0175, PRC 2017-0177 and DPA 2017-0176. The proposed mixed use development will include 3.94 million square feet of new development across nine blocks, divided into two phases. Presented with two options, with the difference being a slighter higher amount of non-residential uses (119,000 square feet) and comparably less residential square footage.
ACCEPTED: Post Trail LLC has filed a Special Exception (SE-2017-HM-010) for the property located at 11150 Sunset Hills Road, Reston, [Tax Map 018-3 ((01)) Parcel 27] to permit the operation of a retail establishment for a 6,841 square-foot bicycle sales and repairs facility. The property is location north of Sunset Hills Road and approximately 300 feet east of Michael Faraday Court. The property is zoned Medium Intensity Industrial District, I-4 and is developed with a 51,825 square-foot three-story office building that was built in 1085. No modifications to the façade of the existing building is planned. Planning Commission public hearing has not been scheduled.
Current Task Forces and Studies
- Reston Planned Residential Community Zoning Ordinance Amendment
- Septage Receiving Site Feasibility Study
- Reston Town Center North
- Reston Master Plan Special Study Task Force
- Tysons Corner Transportation and Urban Design Study
- Lake Anne Village Center Comprehensive Plan Amendment
Hunter Mill District Land Use Committee
NEXT MEETING: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 (no May meeting).
On the agenda-
- CARS - DB1 (East)
- 1587 Springhill Holdings, Inc.
- The Hunter Mill District Land Use Committee provides guidance on all land use applications in the Hunter Mill District. Upcoming agenda, committee members, and minutes are available on their webpage. Committee members are selected from district locales to provide input from all sectors of Hunter Mill. The committee meets the third Tuesday of the month, 7:30 p.m., at the North County Governmental Center Community Room, 1801 Cameron Glen Drive, in Reston. Contact the Hunter Mill District office for further information.
Land Use links to Fairfax County agencies:
- The Weekly Agenda contains information on the agenda of the Board of Supervisors, the Planning Commission and the Board of Zoning Appeals, official actions of the Board of Supervisors and important upcoming events.
- Planning and Zoning Department Contains links to online brochures on the Comprehensive Plan and an Overview of the Fairfax County Rezoning Process (PDF). Also contains telephone numbers for the Planner of the Day for the Planning, Zoning Administration, and Zoning Evaluation Divisions.
- Zoning Evaluation Division, Department of Planning and Zoning, which handles rezoning proposals, including negotiating with applicants to resolve identified development issues. They also prepare information (staff report) for the Planning Commission public hearings.
- Land Development System that provides status information on zoning applications contained in the Zoning and Planning System (ZAPS) and plans and waiver applications contained in the Plans and Waiver System (PAMS). A new feature was recently added that produces a detailed map of the application and surrounding land information.