About Supervisor Jeff McKay
Supervisor Jeffrey C. McKay, Lee District
Jeffrey C. McKay was first elected to the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors in 2007 and began his second term on January 1, 2012.
Supervisor McKay chairs the Fairfax County Board’s Transportation Committee, Legislative Committee, and co-chairs the Board’s committee on Community Revitalization and Reinvestment. He is a former board member of United Community Ministries (UCM) and the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Committee on Reapportionment. Supervisor McKay is a sworn Reserve Deputy Sheriff for Fairfax County.
Supervisor McKay earned a B.A. in Public Administration from James Madison University and is a graduate of the Sorensen Institute of Political Leadership at the University of Virginia. He lives in Lee District with his wife Crystal, daughter Leann, and son Aidan.
Supervisor McKay holds the following additional appointments:
- Fort Belvoir/Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) Board of Advisors
- District of Columbia
Intergovernmental Boards and Committees
- Northern Virginia Transportation Commission (NVTC)—Chairman
- VRE (Alternate)
- Virginia Transit Association (Alternate)
- Northern Virginia Regional Commission (NVRC)
- VACO Regional Board of Directors
- Legislative Committee (Chair)
- Transportation Committee (Chair)
- Community Revitalization and Investment Committee (Co-Chair)
- Successful Children and Youth Policy Team (Joint Board of Supervisors/Fairfax County Public Schools)
- Capital Facilities and Debt Management Working Group