Community Room rules
Rules and Regulations for the Community Room
- The community room is available for use by non-profit organizations and individual citizens of Fairfax County, 18 years and older, for civic, cultural, educational, religious, recreational, and similar activities of a non-profit nature and for intergovernmental purposes. Any such use may not interfere with county government functions or conflict with official activities of the Board of Supervisors, Board-appointed commissions, the Board of Zoning Appeals or county agencies.
- Organizations requesting to use the community room will be required to verify the non-profit status of the organization by providing, on the application form, the tax-exempt number issued by the Internal Revenue Service for such an organization.
- The community room can be reserved for the next calendar year no earlier than September 1st of the previous year.
- Groups are limited to one use per month.
- In the event the community room has not been reserved within 72 hours of a particular day, then the room can be reserved by an applicant, even if that applicant has already had a reserved activity earlier that month.
- The Community Room cannot be reserved in advance by or for the same applicant for more than one activity each calendar month. No activity reserved in advance shall be allowed to take place for more than two consecutive days.
- A reservation for the community room is not a guarantee that a conflict with an activity having higher priority (as outlined on Page 4 in Section IV of the Fairfax County Procedural Memorandum No. 08-05) will not result, thereby causing a need for rescheduling or cancellation of an event.
- The individual listed on the application must be present in the reserved area at all times and have in his/her possession a copy of the approved application.
- Authorized uses include meetings, conferences, seminars, lectures, and debates.
- The community room shall not be used for fundraising events.
- The user is responsible for ensuring that signs, banners, and decorations are NOT affixed to any building surfaces.
- Food and drinks are permitted provided that trash is placed in the proper receptacles and removed from premises and tables are wiped clean.
- The user must keep noise level low 8am-5pm weekdays to avoid disturbing staff in offices adjacent to the community room. Groups making excessive noise may be asked to leave and may be denied further use.
- The group or individual using the room is responsible for any damages to the room, to the furnishings, or stains on the carpet. The room is to be left in a clean, neat, and orderly condition. In the event of any stains or damages the user is required to notify the Supervisor's office and the user may be held responsible for any cleaning or reparations that are determined to be necessary by the office of the Supervisor.
To apply for use of the community room please call Sarah Hughes at 703-971-6262 to check availability.
After you have filled out the form, here is additional information on room usage.